As I walk this journey of life, I am continually learning about myself – who I am, what I want, and what makes me tick. More and more, I am becoming aware of my strengths and weaknesses, my natural learnings and tendencies, my personality, my body-mind-spirit connection, my intuition, my passion and purpose. The more I step into my full, authentic self, the more I become capable of. Layers of protection melt away and underneath it all lies something more tender, powerful, and real than I've ever know. Each day, I see myself more clearly. Each step I take, I gain deeper comfort and contentment in my beliefs, releasing the need to conform to the societal status quo. I become more connected to my unique constitution — my natural condition — and what I need to thrive.
I believe we are here on this planet to know, love, and fully accept ourselves. When we know, love, and fully accept ourselves, we can know, love, and fully accept others — creating a conscious state of oneness. When we speak our authentic truth, we give others encouragement to do the same. When we understand our constitution, we empower ourselves to choose experiences that align with who we are and who we desire to become. This is the ever-present unfoldment of human evolution. Growth is on offer each day and it seems to naturally unfold the more we step into our unique constitution.
Constitution can be defined as:
- (n.) The aggregate of all one’s inherited physical qualities; the aggregate of the vital powers of an individual, with reference to ability to endure hardship, resist disease, etc.; as, a robust constitution.
- (n.) The aggregate of mental qualities; temperament.
- (n.) The state of being; that form of being, or structure and connection of parts, which constitutes and characterizes a system or body; natural condition; structure; texture; conformation.
Understanding our Constitution is vital for our individual and collective evolution. Identifying our natural condition, the character of our being, and our purpose, is powerful and can bring about transformational change in our lives and create the same in others. Becoming ourselves, remembering who we are at our core and what we stand for is one of the most important missions in life. As we fill up, we can be of even more service to each other.
Identify your own Constitution by asking yourself:
- What are my natural tendencies?
- What are my unique strengths, passions, and purpose?
- What activities and relationships expand me and support me to thrive?
Discover your unique constitution and connect with others committed to shining their light at our transformational leadership retreat, called Lantern. Here's what people are saying:
"The Lantern experience provides a very intentional and personal pathway to self-discovery. In a very short period, Jeff and Jennifer were able to guide participants through an intensely introspective experience that supports personal growth with practical applications for long-term and sustainable leadership transformation."
- Wayne Combs